Raydiance offers the world’s first all-laser manufacturing solution for processing of Gorilla® glass, sapphire crystal and other brittle materials used in mobile device displays of consumer electronics.
Conventional mechanical processing has become the bottleneck for innovation since it requires up to 40 individual steps that include scribe and break, coarse grinding, fine grinding, cleaning and polishing before the display cover glass is ready for final assembly. These process steps are time-consuming, expensive and may result in low end-to-end production yields.
In contrast, the Raydiance R-Cut™ all-laser solution enables one-step, no-touch processing for display and cover glass used in cell phones, tablets, laptop computers, wearable technology and other electronic devices. Parts are produced at near perfect yield (99%) and are free of micro-defects typical of mechanical or CNC methods. All post processing steps are eliminated. Manufacturers significantly reduce process time and cost per part.
The all-laser precision system flexibility extends capabilities across a broad range of consumer electronics applications, including:
- Cover glass fabrication for smartphones, phablets and tablets
- Coupon processing for cut-outs and interior features
- Programmable chamfer angles, radius chamfer and 2.5D chamfer
- One-Glass-Solution (OGS) and other integrated touch technologies
- 3D glass processing
- Gorilla® glass, sapphire crystal and new glass formulae