The Raydiance R-Drill™ solution is ideal for manufacturing intricate parts, such as GDi fuel injectors, because it creates precise micro holes in a single process to achieve part-to-part consistency that has enabled Raydiance customers to win new business and increase market share.
Industrial and medical device manufacturers capture production savings by drilling faster (<1 sec through 1.2 mm 316 SS) through thicker materials than ever before.
The R-Drill enables product parts with hole features — from perfectly round holes, elliptical holes, square holes, positive and negative tapers and micron-sized entrance and exit features to holes that alter shape and profile from the top to the bottom of the part — not previously possible without post processing.
Precision R-Drill Examples:
Eliminate months of iterative machine shop prototyping with Raydiance’s 24-hour print-to-part software. The all-laser precision manufacturing solutions combine femtosecond laser technology with Raydiance’s materials processing expertise and application-specific software.
- Hole Drilling Time: ~1 second per hole
- Hole Diameter: 60 µm to 500 µm
- Diameter Tolerance: ~1 µm
- Material Thickness: ~1.3 mm
- Hole Drilling Angle: 0 to 50°
- Diameter Repeatability (st. dev): <0.5%
- Taper Angle Range: Positive & negative to 10°
- Hole Circularity: >95%
- Hole Sidewall Surface Quality: Ra<1µm